Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Triple Threat

For those thinking about it, Mark and I are all H1N1 juiced up. We have been told being pregnant, immuno compromized or living in Vancouver puts you at the highest risk. We score points in every category! I was half expecting someone to show up at our place on Monday morning to poke us. Never happened. In the end Mark had his shots on Monday and I had mine yesterday, as long as we avoid the germs for the next week to ten days we will be in the clear. Since this started, I've never washed my hands so much in my life so I am not too worried.
Mark is doing alright this round, tough start but he seems to be coming around. He has discovered that sleeping through the more miserable days is the best strategy, and he is very committed to that. He slept about 16-18 hours on Tuesday and Wednesday. I'm bored, but agree it is the best way to avoid the bad parts.
We are hoping to get home to Whitehorse next week. It will be great to have a taste of winter, see the animals and take part in some R&R Yukon style. Not too much news to report, just enjoyed our best week off from treatment and we're feeling good.
I am short of photos so will include this image Mark's brother Shawn (who is visiting right now) sent us.

That's me on the right!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates you guys. I cant tell you how great it was to get down there last week to see you. You both looked awesome - as far as I could see, the only things a bit off were Mark's hook set and Meg's judgement involving left turns into oncoming traffic....
Thanks for the laughs!
Shawn