Friday, December 18, 2009

A big day

     First off: no baby yet. Today is our official due date, but there is not much sign of him/her wanting to make a move anytime soon. But it could happen in an hour. Or two weeks. Meg is doing great and finished two beautiful baby blankets (one knit and one crocheted) yesterday, so we expect  that that might trigger some action. We'll see. All in all, she's a happy, healthy momma.
     We've now crossed back over in terms of energy levels as the radiation has finally caught up to me and fatigue has set in. If feeling tired is the worst of the side effects I'll suffer from these treatments, then I'll happily take it and get some rest. I have my final two treatments today and Monday. Hard to believe. Time has really flown by.
    John and Karen (Meg's parents) arrived a few days ago, and it's been great to see them. They've settled in nicely, and when my parents arrive on Monday, our 7 + 1 Vancouver Christmas family will be complete for a couple of weeks.
    Speaking of my parents, big congrats go out to my Dad today, who after more than 40 years in the Engineering and Transportation Industry, including positions with the Ontario Ministry of Transportation, the Toronto Transit Commission, and most recently with McCormick Rankin Corporation, will RETIRE a happy and healthy man. My mom says he's like a little kid just let out of school for summer holidays, and he can't wait to meet his new grandchild. He worked his butt off for his family for all of these years, and somehow still managed to attend incessant hockey games, cottage weekends, and everything else his boys were doing. And kudos to my Mom for managing to work, raise the kids, AND put up with him all this time! He'll spend his retirement watching the blue herons on the dock at Sturgeon Lake, fishing, and visiting with his growing family.


Nice Fish Dad!
     So we'll let you know when this thing gets borned. Until then, enjoy the holiday season, and the people you've gathered around you. We'll be doing the same.

3 comments:

Slocombe said...

Mark... you got me with the title of your blog... I totally thought the baby had arrived. I have been checking your blog hourly anxious for the exciting news!

Your blog did not disappoint though... a huge congrats to your Dad and all of his accomplishments... and now his well deserved freedom to explore and enjoy. He is a wonderful man!


As for you Mark... take care of your amazing self... get lots of rest and make all of these visiting family members spoil your, Meg and the baby... whenever it comes... rotten!

Big hugs... will be thinking of you this holiday season... that's for sure!!
xo Claire

Anonymous said...

Congrats uncle Dennis!!!

Have a great holiday with all your loved ones Mark and Meghan!!!

We'll be thinking about you all and anxiously awaiting the arrival of your little one.

Erin, Van and Jan

Anonymous said...

Hello my sweeties...mark, congrats to your dad! Also just wanted to let you know that you are a remarkably handsome soccer hooligan, and at least your beard is hanging out to keep you warm!!!
Sweet Megs, hang in there, my friend jin was induced after seven days after she was supposedly due, maybe you will have a christmas baby! I have been checking in like every six hours to see if the baby is born yet, I am totally waiting with baited breath!!
All my love and energy to you guys, will check back in after work!
xoxoxoxoxo